Thursday, November 7, 2019

Snake on a plane? Or on the driveway

This morning it rained!
Well it started at some unearthly time this morning after a rather interesting occurrence. I was woken by a real cacophony of sound, probably birds in the trees outside my window. So I lay there listening to them and suddenly they stopped. Dead stop, no ease off or anything, just all together stop. 15 seconds later the heavens opened. Didn’t last long at that rate but it eased off to a gentle rain up until 8am, then showers until lunch and then sort of fine with sunshine during the afternoon.
So off to the studio where I wedged 10 balls of clay and sat down and threw 10 cylinders, trying to get some sort of consistency.
I managed to get most of my wall thickness consistent.
The pruning outside the accommodation is coming along well.

On our afternoon wander just outside the gates we came across Prince (pronounced Prance) and the property manager (must find out what his name is tomorrow) holding another snake skin!

Had a close look and the entire length was intact as a tube and the only head was split. Awesome.
Down at the local shops on the highway I went to get some more coffee, this is sold by the sachet.
Last time I was here the young man wanted a selfie with me, so today I returned the favour and asked for a selfie back.
 Loads of laughs and handshakes and fun.
On the way back I noticed a stand of bamboo on the edge of the property, so I managed to borrow a machete from the gardeners and chopped a stem to make some throwing tools. Really thick bamboo and splits beautifully.
To end the day, we now have another guest here, a young American woman who is a chief, Chris leaves for Delhi and the Tajh Mahal before flying home to England on Sunday, Anamika heads back to Delhi as well, so they are going to travel together.
Just as I am finishing this off the heavens opened up again.
Safe travels everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment