Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Day 2 Flight #1

So after an almost good nights sleep (til 3am when the brain goes “Wake up!!!) Dave ever so kindly drove me to the airport and came in to say goodbye. Thanks Dave, you are awesome! So first up, go the the kiosk to check in but the scanner won’t read my eVisa for India, so into the queue, when I get there the lovely lady give me a few ooops moments as she gets things into place for me. Then asks me if I would like to move seats to upstairs, “Its quieter!” Awesome says I! So stage 1 successful! Have boarding passes right through to Chandigarh.  Have a wander around looking at the shops prior to heading through security. Then headed into security,through the ePassport lane no issues, then unload the bits, bobs and other stuff, didn't need to take belt off or shoes! Yay team. BUT saw the container get pushed off into the ‘to be checked’ lane....bugger, what did i miss. By the time it came to the front of the line as the lovely lady checked it on the screen she waved me though “phew”. So as I write this I am contemplating a “Best Ugly Bagel for lunch. Might have the King Salmon or the Boss Hog, one with smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, capers, dill and lemon juice, or bacon, rocket sauce, cheddar cheese and egg....  decisions, decisions.  So the smoked salmon won out! Was rather nice.
 So headed up to the gate. Waaaay over there, luckily there were travelators.

So cool looking at all the planes waiting, being serviced, pushing back, arriving. Good fun. Busy afternoon. Passengers missing.
 I do so love  people watching at the airport, who’s on business, who’s on holiday, weddings, funerals, all sorts. Who like flying, who hates flying. Who is stressed to the max with frustrated kids etc.  Great fun. It is also fun to look at the layout for the walkways etc through Duty Free and past all the shops.
 No straight lines and geared up for ‘buy here, buy here’. Fun watching people!   
I do like the godwits that are hanging from the ceiling at various places.
Loading up the plane....

So away we went, gentle push back and quiet taxi
The off to the west and off towards Sydney.

You can just see the west coast beaches in the bottom pic.

The flight went over Sydney, diagonally across Australia and then on to Changi Airport. We were 2 mines early taking off and 8 mins early arriving, 10 hours later.

Changi Airport is amazing, the heat and humidity outside is like a solid wall. I went through the butterfly house but they were all asleep and it was too dark to take pics.
The concourse in Terminal 3 is huge and I walked from one end to the other and back.
,
So a bit of a wait for the next leg, so thought I would at least get this one done and dusted. Yay for free WiFi at Changi Airport!!!
Safe travels everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment