Monday, October 21, 2019

seven sleeps to go

So it is now into the final countdown. Seven sleeps til I leave the Coromandel on my journey to India.
I am currently residing at Papa Aroha Campground. 
The weather is interesting currently, rain occasionally sweeps in like a straw broom and then whisks away over the hills behind. Then the wind, then the sun shines through.
I am almost packed ready to go and it's good that my friend Dave is going to be using the bus over the summer. We will get parked up in its place by the end of the week and give him the run down on everything so he know what's what. 
I have completed my rail journey and I am travelling 6208km by train at a cost of $NZ285. The longest leg is 1662km from Howrah (Kolkata) to Chennai on the Coromandel  Express with a duration of 26 hours. Great way to start 2020. Leaving Howrah on 1/1/2020. Luckily not til 14:50! 
I am chuffed at the number of people who want to know how to follow my trip, so hopefully this will increase my blog followers by three or four. 
Hope to be able to do daily updates but will see what happens. Will be using airport wifi until I get to Delhi and get my Indian SIM card. 
Have movies, books and music ready for the flights and stopovers. 

So happy and safe travels everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish you safe travels Frederick, and look forward to reading about your travels. Stay Safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am getting rather excited now!!!!

    ReplyDelete