Monday, June 16, 2014

Moving Again

Well after a wonderful time in GIsborne, it was time to move on. I enjoyed Gisborne, even thought a lot of rain fell and I wasn’t able to get out and do much. A couple of bike rides, on that ended up with me being hailed upon and a couple of walks.

I met some lovely people and had some great chats. A lovely couple from Christchurch parked up a couple of sites from me in a lovely  KonTiki van. They were getting away from Christchurch while their home was being sorted. They are one of the boarderline streets that should have been red zoned but….So while they were here, they got a message to say that their home was now able to be sorted and the new home builder came in with a good price so hopefully they will be able to move into their new home soon. They are heading up to Auckland and the Far North for a couple of months.

So anyway yesterday (Monday) was moving day again and I headed out of GIsborne via the Truck Wash. I was hoping to put the bus through the wash and clean it up a bit but someone had damaged it over the weekend and it wasn’t working, so I moved on towards Mahia Peninsular with a quick stop at the Morere Hot Pools. As the day was pretty damn cold, overcast and yeuch I didn’t stop for long and didn’t go on the walks.

So on to Mahia, where there were some wonderful sights on the way out there.

It was interesting to see all the railway wagons, filled with concrete and turfed over the edge to try to counteract the erosion which is pretty bad along the coast there.

The day was very cold and overcast and not at all inviting, and when I found the parking place it was wet and soggy underfoot, so I decided to move on and head onwards to Wairoa. An interesting little town and i headed down to the reserve at Pilot Hill. A nice little spot.

The bar moves regularly I am told and currently it is sitting opposite me. I may take the kayak out if the weather remains good and warms up a little.

Things are a lot quieter and less strenuous over the cooler months, so not a great deal happening at the moment. The weather looks like its closing in again so might be a walk along the beach to check for surf casting possies…

 

Safe travels everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment