Sunday, March 9, 2014

Successful Firing

This morning I cracked the kiln after a bisc firing yesterday and here is what I found…..

So I now have a number of little boxes, cooking spoon holders and plant markers that will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

I am off to Rotorua for the Freewheeers rally on Friday, and so let me know if you are interested.

I am considering a glaze firing before then but will keep them very simple and just use the matt white glaze on the plant markers, leaving the name space clear of glaze.

For the boxes I will look at some coloured oxides and clear glaze. The spoon holders I will just matt white them I think.

The flat spoon holder is spoken for unfortunately. It will go with the purple leaf platter.

There are three sizes of boxes. All with different patterns.

I am going to be glad to get back on the road again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment