Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Day 2014

The alarm went off at 5:30 for some unknown reason  Winking smile

So I got ready, had some breakfast and headed out……

DSCF5592

What an amazing sight as I paddled across Port FitzRoy harbour which is actually Rarohara Bay actually and out towards the entrance. I paused at the first headland see the map below…

Fishing spots

and within 5 mins had landed a barely legal snapper, she looked heavy with roe so I let it go. Another 5 mins and a baby snapper took the line. So I decided to move on.

Saw a fishing boat anchored off the bay…

So I went across to the other side of the entrance to the 2nd star on the map and after about 30 mins had a wonderful fight and landed the following….

DSCF5598

At that point I was a very happy chap! After a few more smaller throw backs I decided that one was sufficient for Christmas lunch and headed back to base.

DSCF5599DSCF5600

A beautiful start to the day which is now clouding over. I believe I got the best of the weather!

For the first time in my life I am alone on Christmas Day and thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet and mostly enjoying the contemplation and reflection.

Hope you all have a great day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment