Sunday, August 17, 2014

Whanganui

After a glorious sunset last evening

DSCF2103DSCF2107

which I really didn’t manage to get successfully, and a quite chilly night, I left Waiinu Beach and headed down to Kai Iwi for a look see…

It is very interesting coming across a second place with the same name. For me Kai Iwi will be the lakes north of Dargaville. This was an interesting beach with a couple of rivers/streams either side, making for some nice views.

Decided to move on and headed through to Whanganui. I stopped at the Bridgestone tyre place to check on new front tyres and an alignment as the CoF guy said that they would need replacing soon. The good ones will cost me $1300 each…..*sighs* but we are not going that high.

So tomorrow booked in for two new tyres and an alignment.

Just had a cuppa with a friend that I haven’t seen since intermediate school sometime in the 70’s and it was great to catch up while I’m here in Whanganui.

Nice being here even though it is a Motorhome Friendly Town, there is some interesting signage…

DSCF2134DSCF2135

It depends on who you talk to as to exactly what these signs mean. I believe the ladies from the iSite who believe that it is campervans and motorhomes only parked for a max of 60 mins. But the parks have been full for most of the day with cars…  go figure!

But the beauty of Whanganui is that you can freedom camp anywhere you like around the town if you are self contained.

So safe travels and see what tomorrow brings…mmm bike ride, kayak or walk??

No comments:

Post a Comment